Analytical Decision Making (2/09-2/10)
|Day(s): Wednesday and Thursday|
|Meeting Date(s): 02/09/22 and 02/10/22|
|Start Time: 6:00 PM|
|End Time: 8:00 PM|
Analytical Decision Making (ADM)
This virtual, interactive workshop has been specifically designed for analysts, specialists, CXOs and industry professionals who regularly make important decisions to allow them to function with greater accuracy, and confidence. Most importantly, it will give participants the necessary knowledge, tools, and techniques to make decisions that are timely, consistent, optimal, and defensible in today’s world of information and choice overload.
The two 2-hour sessions will cover:
- Exploring where you are…Decision Manipulation; Inherent Biases; Decision-Making
Fundamentals; Objective Setting
- Tools to get to where you should be...Multi-Criteria Decisions; Introduction to AHP; AHP
Simulation; Decision Validation; What-If Scenarios; Risk
Evaluation; Cost-Benefit & Risk-Reward
- Guiding and training you to get there...Decision Zone Mapping; Zone Mapping
Simulation; Team Decisions; Implementation.
After this workshop participants will be able to:
- Recognize human irrationality and illusions that creep into decision making, and put
multidimensional, real-world problems into proper perspective.
- Understand key factors that impact decision making.
- Master the skill of making optimal decisions with greater speed, accuracy & confidence
- Present and defend decisions with ease.
- Understand the difference between problem solving and decision making.
- Define and utilize appropriate criteria in the decision-making process.
- Implement an analytic hierarchal methodology when making decisions.
- Utilize a novel approach to team decision-making that avoids the pitfalls of herd mentality.
- Minimize risk by validating decisions.
Dr. Errol Wirasinghe
Dr. Errol Wirasinghe, developer of the XpertUS Decision Support System, is the author of two books on decision-making. Since 2000, he has dedicated his professional life to helping people make better, defensible, decisions.
Errols working experience includes:
- Starting as an Engineering Apprentice
- Owning & operating two liquor stores
- Founder of an Equipment Leasing Company
- Founder of a Procurement Company, supplying Oil Companies in Angola.
Errol has lived and worked in Asia, the Middle East, Europe, North America and South America.
Registration fees, less a non-refundable $10 processing charge, are refundable if cancellation is received by noon on the registration deadline of 2/4/2022.
To request a refund, send email to VPEducation@pminyc.org and provide the Order # and Event Start Date
Photo and video policy
Go / No Go Date
Attendees self report 4.0 Leadership PDU's
$55.00 Member Tickets
$45.00 Early bird rate until January 14
$65.00 Non-member ticket
$55.00 Early bird rate until January 14
$50.00 All PMINYC Volunteers
$40.00 Early bird rate until January 14
It is no longer possible to register for this event