The PMINYC Education Program invites members and non-members to courses that help you Learn, Earn and Advance. Please click the link or contact us at Education-Team@pminyc.org for more info.
- Ask Our President Anything (8/23/22) - In this session participants can ask Frank Saladis anything related to Project Management. This is an opportunity to pick his brain and get the answers to questions you were reluctant to inquire about.
Disciplined Agile Certification Class - DASM
- A different approach for an introduction to Disciplined Agile is being worked on. This will provide you with a "DA 101" overview, with an optional path to obtaining the DASM certification. Stay tuned.
- Disciplined Agile Certification Class - DASSM
- A different approach for an introduction to Disciplined Agile is being worked on. This will provide you with a "DA 101" overview, with an optional path to obtaining the DASSM certification. Stay tuned.
- Change For Project Professionals (10/27/22)
- - This training focuses on key moments that matter from the lens of a project professional to drive change and improve project outcomes. The workshop utilizes active participant engagement, feedback and reinforcement to enable project skills to drive improved project outcomes.
- CAPM certification class for (11/07/22-11/18/22)
- - Attaining the entry-level CAPM certification shows your capability to work as part of a project team, with demonstrable knowledge of project management best practices. The CAPM certification ensures that the certified individual has the fundamental knowledge of project management and its associated processes.
- Program Management Professional (PgMP) Course (10/05/22; 10/12/22; 10/26/22)
- Program Management Professional (PgMP) Course (11/02/22; 11/09/22; 11/16/22)
- - This course applies a combination of traditional lecturing of key concepts, discussion of cases, review of important artifacts, sharing of experiences and access to the PgMP Exam Simulator, which contains over 1,800 questions.
- Jira Fundamentals (09/26/22-09/27/22)
- Jira Fundamentals (11/30/22-12/01/22)
- - Jira fundamentals training is targeted for team members and those in an oversight role for technology delivery and sustainment programs. The hands-on training teaches students how to use Jira to manage and track their work in an immersive environment that simulates a large, diverse organization. The course covers Jira fundamentals such as how to create and search for issues, as well as how to use popular Agile methods Scrum and Kanban while putting them in a practical context.
- - Jira intermediate training is targeted for team members and those in an oversight role for technology delivery and sustainment programs. The hands-on training teaches students how to use Jira to manage and track their work in an immersive environment that simulates a large, diverse organization. Thoughtfully configured and enhanced with a carefully curated set of plugins, the training highlights lessons learned and best practices, demonstrating how effortless Jira can be.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Course - (8/29 - 9/09)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Course - (10/11 - 10/20)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Course - (11/01 - 11/10)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Course - (12/05 - 12/15)
- You will learn how to build and manage a team, and to plan, execute, and complete a project that is aligned to the business environment. You will learn the tools and techniques to create a high-performing team, plan, manage and execute a project, keep the team on track and assess the project work.
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP) Course (10/05; 10/12; 10/19)
- This certification is designed for professionals who strive to attain a level of proficiency in the implementation and execution of a risk management program in their workplace, and pass the PMI-RMP exam.
- Scrum at Scale Practitioner (11/08 - 11/09)
- The 2-day S@S course teaches the responsibilities of the Product Owner, Scrum Master, individual Scrum teams, and enterprise leadership in a variety of large-scale contexts.
- Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP) Certification Class (9/08; 9/15; 9/22)
- The PfMP Bootcamp applies a combination of traditional lecturing' discussion of cases, review of important artifacts, and sharing of experiences. The course includes access to the PfMP Exam Simulator, which contains over 1,700 questions.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Certification class(10/11/22-10/14/22)
- This CSM course provides a comprehensive review of everything scrum. It deep dives into the scrum framework, covering its history from origins to principles to how to apply it in practical settings. By understanding all the components of scrum, you’ll be able to apply agile techniques to your product development.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) Certification class (11/20/22-12/02/22)
- In working toward creating an agile culture, it’s about finding the right path and support. One role that will be influential in your transformation is the product owner. This course provides product owners the foundational tools and knowledge to master the responsibilities of product ownership.
- The Science of Planning a Project (8/18) - Are you able to answer questions like:
- Why do we need to define the project and create a plan?
- Won’t we finish sooner if we just start the work?
- The plan says the project will take eight months … Why is
it taking so long?
- Why do we need to complete those ten tasks to get the
- Smartsheet for Project Leaders that #GSD (9/28-9/29) - We’ve learned that Project Management Tools are a lot like choosing the best motorcycle; it all depends on what you plan to do with it. If you want to go 180 miles per hour on a straight stretch of freeway, a sportbike is the best. If you’re going to ride on the dirt or sand, then a dirt bike is best. And if you want to cruise around and take in the sights, a cruiser is the way to go. You have to select a tool and learn how to use the tool. But wait… Did you want to learn how the tool works? Or do you want to learn how to use the tool to ROCK a project all the way to completion!
- Creative Change Leadership (9/28/22)- Research indicates that only about 29% of organizational change initiatives are successful. This class provides a focused approach that will assist in gaining acceptance of change and establish a plan for managing future change.
- The Creative & Innovative Project Manager (10/26/22) - Learn how to think more creatively, generate and implement ideas, and practice performance-enhancing techniques to drive professional, personal, and organizational growth. Gain practice in creative thinking methods and learn how to align team and individual ideas to add value and enhance overall performance.
Professional Development Bulletin Board
@06/20 - We have a PMINYC member who's looking for one or more PMP Study Group partners. If you're interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will connect you to each other.
IF YOU HAVE RELEVANT INFORMATION TO SHARE WITH FELLOW CHAPTER MEMBERS, SEND AN EMAIL TO email@example.com AND WE WILL POST IT HERE.