Guidelines for Newsletter submissions
Send your article to: email@example.com
- Specify the words "Newsletter request" in the subject line.
- Submission Deadline: Last business day of the month. If that day is a holiday or the Eve of a holiday, then the deadline moves up to the 15th of the month.
- Publication Schedule: Second Wednesday of the month (one week before Chapter meeting) No newsletter in July or August.
- Include one to three high-resolution photos representing your event/topic or showing members or guests at your activity or event.
- If you’re providing information about a past event, please include a brief recap (100-150 words).
- Optional: Artwork. Communications will select images for you. However, if you'd like to suggest an image, your art needs to be a 300 dpi (dots per inch) high-resolution jpg, or eps file. An eps format is common for logos. You may submit an eps image. Do not submit a png image. Images should not contain lettering. Palettes should be neutral tones, i.e. blues, beige, tans, black and white because bold colors sometimes clash with other artwork on the site.
- Required dimensions for artwork or imagery you choose to submit are:
- - Carousel banner = 900 x 600 pixels
- - Newsletter or eblast = 750 x 400 pixels
- - Social media = 450 x 300 pixels
- All articles are subject to editorial review before publication. If your article arrives by the Submission Deadline we can clear any revisions with you before publication.
- Communications reserves the editorial right to amend content or images as needed.
If your activity isn’t on the Events Calendar, please provide the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Event name
- Venue name and address
- Date and time
- Cost (member/non-member, if different)
- Registration dates
- PDUs awarded by category (Technical, Leadership, Strategic)
Or if it is an Outreach or Symposium Event, please contact your Event Manager to publish it.
How we use Newsletter articles to promote your event:
- All newsletter articles include an appealing photo or graphic and a link to the main text on the chapter event calendar or website.
- Each newsletter includes one or two Featured Contributor articles of up to 1,000 words. The first few sentences appear in the newsletter body with a link to the full article. If you submit a Featured Contributor article, ensure those first sentences entice the reader to click the “Read More” link.