PfMP Certif. Class (6/02/23-6/16/23)
Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)® Certification Class
|PfMP 3 - Meeting Day, Date, Time|
|Meeting Date(s): 6/02/2023 6/09/2023 6/16/2023|
|Start Time: 01:00 PM|
|End Time: 05:00 PM|
Tickets and Pricing
|Early Bird Price||Regular Price|
|All PMINYC Volunteers||$850||$875|
The PfMP Bootcamp is an intense program that has been achieving near perfect passing on the first try when utilizing the full suite of resources from PMI and PMO Advisory. To enable learning, this course applies a combination of traditional lecturing of key concepts, discussion of cases and examples, review of important artifacts, and sharing of experiences. Most importantly, this course includes access to the PfMP Exam Simulator, which contains over 1,700 questions. The values of this certification are as follows:
• Develop and strengthen project portfolio management knowledge and framework
• Be one of the few professionals (currently less than 1,500) with the PfMP certification
• Position and prepare for a senior management role by becoming an influential decision
maker in the allocation of resources and in making strategic investment decisions.
Who Should Attend? This certification is designed for professionals:
• Portfolio managers who strive to achieve a globally recognized certification
• PMO leaders who are managing a large number of projects and programs and pools of
• Project and program managers who are seeking greater responsibilities and rewards
• Financial, marketing and operational executives who work closely with project and
program managers in their organization and who are in a position to influence strategy
• Up and coming project professionals who are ready to take the next leap into mid- to
upper-level management in their organization
• Senior project professionals who are “accidental project managers” and who have grown
beyond the PMP credential.
Learning Goals: After this course, attendees should be able to:
• Explain the context of portfolio management in organizations
• Articulate the role of the portfolio manager and the key challenges
• Describe and analyze the key processes, knowledge areas, and key activities
• Re-shape your experiences to conform with PMI’s approach to portfolio management
- Attain key portfolio management tools to strengthen your ability to address scenario-based questions.
(1) PDU's - 12 earned from attending the class and 6 from the PfMP Exam Simulator.
(2) This offering includes a 30 day support package, which includes access to re-attending a similar class, an exam simulator, post course Q&A and access to a recording. Extensions to a 365 day support package and PfMP detailed application review can be discussed separately with PMO Advisory.
(3) If a class is canceled due to insufficient registrations, the registrant will have the option of a refund or transfer registration to a different PfMP class.
Speaker Bio - Te Wu
Te Wu is CEO of PMO Advisory LLC, a management consulting firm that specializes in Strategic Business Execution including portfolio, program, and project management. He is also a business school professor at Montclair State University. Te has more than 20 years of experience in management consulting, having worked with industry leaders such as KPMG, Accenture, Oracle, Kraft, Standard and Poor’s, Chase Bank, LexisNexis, Lumina Foundation, and Weill Cornell.
As a college professor at Montclair State University, Stevens Institute, and Touro Graduate School of Business, Te is teaching international business, organization change, and project management for the past 13 years. Te is one of few, estimated at less than 50 in the world, professionals certified in Portfolio (PfMP)®, Program (PgMP)®, Project Management (PMP)®, and Risk Management (PMI-RMP)®. He is also a researcher, author, speaker, and board member of three education institutions.
Registration fees, less a non-refundable $10 processing charge, are refundable if cancellation is received by noon on the date registration closes. There are no refunds thereafter.
To request a refund, send email to VPEducation@pminyc.org and provide the Order # and Event Start Date
Photo and video policy
Attendees can self-report 18 PDU's