PfMP CLASSROOM Certif. Class (12/18-12/19/23)
Portfolio Management Professional In-Person (PfMP)® Certification Class
|PfMP 4 - Meeting Day, Date, Time|
|Day(s): Monday & Tuesday|
|Meeting Date(s): 12/18/2023 - 12/19/2023|
|Time: 9:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
Tickets and Pricing
|Early Bird Price||Regular Price|
|All PMINYC Volunteers||$1,600||$1,700|
The PfMP Bootcamp is an intense program that has been achieving near perfect passing on the first try when utilizing the full suite of resources from PMI and PMO Advisory. To enable learning, this course applies a combination of traditional lecturing of key concepts, discussion of cases and examples, review of important artifacts, and sharing of experiences. Most importantly, this course includes access to the PfMP Exam Simulator, which contains over 1,700 questions. The values of this certification are as follows:
• Develop and strengthen project portfolio management knowledge and framework
• Position and prepare for a senior management role by becoming an influential
decision maker in the allocation of resources and in making strategic investment
Who Should Attend? This certification is designed for professionals:
• Portfolio managers who strive to achieve a globally recognized certification
• PMO leaders who are managing a large number of projects and programs and pools of
• Project and program managers who are seeking greater responsibilities and rewards
• Financial, marketing and operational executives who work closely with project
and program managers in their organization and who are in a position to influence
strategy implementation decisions
• Up and coming project professionals who are ready to take the next leap into mid- to
upper-level management in their organization
• Senior project professionals who are “accidental project managers” and who have
grown beyond the PMP credential.
Learning Goals: After this course, attendees should be able to:
• Explain the context of portfolio management in organizations
• Articulate the role of the portfolio manager and the key challenges
• Describe and analyze the key processes, knowledge areas, and key activities
• Re-shape your experiences to conform with PMI’s approach to portfolio management
- Attain key portfolio management tools to strengthen your ability to address scenario-based questions.
(1) PDU's - 14 earned from attending the class and 4 from the PfMP Exam Simulator.
(2) This offering includes a 30 day support package, which includes access to re-attending a similar class, an exam simulator, post course Q&A and access to a recording. Extensions to a 365 day support package and PfMP detailed application review can be discussed separately with PMO Advisory.
(3) If a class is canceled due to insufficient registrations, the registrant will have the option of a refund or transfer registration to a different PfMP class.
Speaker Bio - Te Wu
Prof. Dr. Te Wu is the CEO and CPO of PMO Advisory, a professional project management training and consulting firm. He is also an Associate Professor at Montclair State University and a chairperson of the PMI’s Portfolio Management Standard Committee, developing the next edition of The Standard for Portfolio Management. Previously, Te served on various standard bodies, including PMI, ISO, and ANSI.
Te has over 30 years of experience specializing in strategy execution. Te is certified in Portfolio, Program, Project, and Risk Management (PfMP, PgMP, PMP, and PMI-RMP credentials) and holds one doctorate, two master’s and two bachelor’s degrees. As a practitioner, executive, and speaker, Dr. Wu enjoys working on a range of professional endeavors to advance the field of project, program, and portfolio management, PMO, and strategic business execution.
Registration fees, less a non-refundable $20 processing charge, are refundable if cancellation is received by noon on the date registration closes. There are no refunds thereafter.
To request a refund, send email to VPEducation@pminyc.org and provide the Order # and Event Start Date
Photo and video policy
Attendees can self-report 18 PDU's
It is not possible to register for this event